Dr. Priyadarshi Ranjan is a renowned Urologist and pioneering kidney transplant surgeon, reputed for his innovative and dynamic surgical capabilities and outstanding results and is also commonly perceived as the “kidney man of India”. Dr Ranjan is currently the Chief of Urology and Kidney transplantation at Fortis Hospital, Mohali and is the founder Director of Kidney Transplantation Programme in the same hospital.
He is one of the few specialist Urological surgeons across the globe who conducts both donor and recipient surgeries himself single handedly during kidney transplant operations for his patients.
- Started the Kidney Transplant Programme at Fortis Hospital, Mohali, and steered it to present position, which is one of the most preferred centers of Kidney transplant in India.
- Featured in the Limca Book Of Records
- Kidney Cancer 2013
- Kidney Transplant 2016
- Cancerous Kidney transplant 2019
- Developed the iKIDNEY (incompatible kidney) app for Paired Kidney exchange swap transplantation.
- Credited with performing the first twin Cadaver Kidney transplantation in the state of Punjab.
- Conceptualized, initiated and developed the TransCare - A flagship Programme specially dedicated to improving outcomes in kidney transplantation.